home Facebook My Shop Current Challenge Videos Current Winners Ask Jo

Tuesday, August 1, 2017

New Challenge with Dies R US! #78 Summertime Fun!








Hello sweet friends! 
Welcome to a new challenge at Dies R US! Can you believe it is the first day of August?? I sure can't! So our challenge to kick off the month is challenge #78, Summertime fun! Whatever it is that you enjoy doing during your summer months, let's see it! 

So here is the card that I created for today's challenge.


Summer time for me is my favorite time to be out and about... it also means for me, a ton of photos being taken. So this card displays a photo frame for all those photos and of course, it says "love" and I added in the "summer".  The flowers and the beautiful creatures of nature are out and about more in the summer then they are the spring anymore so I focused in around that. So I started it all with the Die-Versions- Sweet Frames- Love die.... that is the photo frame of course. I adhered it to a summertime background die that I have which was cut out of that bamboo looking paper. Really cool texture! That layer was adhered to a nice chevron pattern ... full of colors of summer... the blues, the greens, the hints of yellow.. very pretty! Once I adhered the frame down, I started to build up an array of gorgeous florals and greenery. I cut out several leaves using the  Memory Box- Citrus Leaves dies and placed them in and around the little yellow flowers that I adhered down. The flowers I've had for forever. Then I decided to add in a few of the pretty leafy flourishes.... they were cut using the Die-Versions- Whispers Flourish die. I had an area that I needed to fill in to the left of the frame once I had everything down where I wanted it. So I decided to cut out that gorgeous blue scalloped flower! So pretty right? That was created by cutting out the Yvonne Creations- Scallop dies and just layering them all on top of one another. To get them to look so full, I just curled up each petal to give it that dimension. It all came together beautifully... and then I wanted something else to kind of ground the frame... so I thought to keep with the scalloped theme from the beautiful flowers and cut out a little scallop border to tuck under the frame. I used the Lawn Fawn- Stitched Scalloped Border dies to achieve that. And then to finish off the card, I added in a few butterflies that I had sitting on my desk from a prior project and added black centers to the yellow flowers. I used some spectrum clear sparkle pen on all the greenery, the word "love" and on the blue scallop flower. I added in a few doodles but that pretty much sums it up!  

  


 And that completes my card! All of the dies that I used are highlighted in the links above and can be found in the Dies R Us store HERE


Well that is all I have for you today my friends. I appreciate you for taking time out of your day to visit me and see what I am up to. Please don't forget to stop by the Dies R US challenge blog to see what the rest of my design team sisters have created for you today. And make sure to link up your own project too! And for more inspiration, check out the Dies R US Inspiration blog . You will find yourself browsing for awhile. There are so many gorgeous projects that will surely inspire you! Thanks again for stopping by!


I would like to play along in the following challenges:

Until next time, Enjoy life's blessings~



11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card Jo, I love the summery feel with such beautiful colours. XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully created card JO! Perfect summertime card with all your pretty flowers and cool photo frame...summer means flowers to me, too! Have a wonderful month and enjoy the last of summer (hard to believe it is almost over)!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome creation Jo! Love your 'photo frame' inspired background and all the fun summertime elements you've added! Beautiful, summery colors too! Great inspiration ... thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful!! I love the colors and design!! The flowers are so gorgeous!! Love this, my friend!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful summer card! Love all the pretty flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So PRETTY! LOVE the paper and all those lovely flowers! Looks Fantastic and screams SUMMER!!!! Big Hugs! :)

    Theresa
    Theresa’s Crafty Creations

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo, this is beautiful! The love frame is awesome and I love the flourishes and flowers! The colors are such a pretty mix..nicely done my friend!

    Hope you are enjoying your summer. I can't believe it's August already!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful design and great summer colors. Butterflies and flowers are two of my favorite things.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the pretty photo frame & buttrefly die cut!The flowers are just so pretty.A beautiful card my friend!!
    I am a Fall/Winetr person..can't wait for the summer to be gone...LOL
    Have a wonderful day my friend,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty! I love the beautiful flowers, sentiment & frame!!LOVE it my friend!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting with Creative M

    ReplyDelete

Your lovely comments always put a smile on my face! I love reading each and every one! Thank you for stopping by~
Hugs,
~Jo~